Why should you join the GeekHive team?
We pride ourselves on our capability to tackle difficult and unorthodox builds and give our developers an opportunity to work on projects that push them to grow. Recent successful implementations by the GeekHive team have been on both .NET and PHP projects. On the .NET side they include exposure to the full range of Sitecore’s extensibility points like custom commands, agents, processors, and SPEAK dialogs, as well as complex search implementations, third party integrations, and SPAs using frameworks like AngularJS and React. On the PHP side, we take advantage of a full range of Drupal and WordPress extensibility points. Through custom API calls, we are able to tackle complex problems such as third-party application integrations and custom content migrations. We encourage our developers to contribute to and leverage the open source community through issue queues and module development.
Your Mission, Should You Choose to Accept it…
GeekHive is hiring a Project Manager who knows how to get things done. In this role you will be responsible for the successful (on-time & on-budget) delivery of software projects for our agency partners and their highly visible brands. You’ll work closely with the smartest and most creative people in the industry to solve challenging problems and provide amazing experiences to our clients, our clients’ end users, and our team members.
As a central point of contact to our clients, you will have a significant influence on our company’s success. Doing this is no small feat. As a Project Manager you’ll demonstrate leadership skills to guide, coach, and motivate team members to reach their potential. Tactical skills such as scrum/agile development, time management, financial planning, issue management, and status reporting will be necessary. None of our projects are one-size-fits-all. You’ll need to be comfortable sometimes navigating ambiguous project definition and molding it into a valuable product for our clients.
What we’re looking for from you:
- An understanding of the software development lifecycle (SDLC), agile methodologies, and delivering products to market
- A record of successful delivery of software applications as an individual, team leader, and/or development manager
- Strong leadership, project management skills, time & budget management, and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Strong organizational and coordination skills along with multi-tasking capabilities to get things done in a fast paced environment
- Self-motivated, proactive with demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities
- A bachelor’s degree related to software design or development
- A minimum of 3 years of management/leadership experience in a software development organization (*OR* 3 years of web/mobile application development for a developer seeking to make the transition to project management)
- Experience with Atlassian Jira, and Confluence
- Knowledge of content management systems such as Sitecore, Drupal, Episerver, and WordPress
Successful employees will be:
- Team players willing to work hard to ensure the success of the team, the project and GeekHive
- Curious – problem-solving isn’t a chore, but a welcome exercise to strong candidates
- Good communicators with the ability to conceptualize and articulate ideas clearly and concisely
- Personal ethics combined with career-oriented professional ambitions are must-have attributes
To learn more about the work that we do, work that you could be a part of, check out some of our case studies:
- Comcast – Partnering with Huge Inc. as their technical implementation team, we rebuilt Comcast’s intranet, from scratch on the Sitecore platform, delivering a solution that is used by over 100k employees daily.
- Coach USA – Coach required a more robust system that could be easily managed and updated and could also offer enterprise-level capabilities to bring consistency to over 30 microsites on their proprietary system. Based on their objectives, we worked with them to choose and re-platform their outdated site to Drupal 8.
- Crayola – We helped Crayola transform their CMS into a platform that could easily roll out and launch international sites giving each country their own voice and footprint, while staying on brand globally.
At GeekHive we also encourage our team members to grow their personal brand within the development community. Our developers are regular contributors to partner blogs, The GeekHive Blog, and often create modules for Drupal and The Sitecore Marketplace. Check out some of the posts below:
- Sitecore Coast: This module allows Sitecore users to copy and paste items or entire content trees between instances.
- Drupal 8: Making the Switch as a Developer: The release of Drupal 8 forever changed the Drupal landscape. As a more object-oriented approach is being embraced, many are feeling left behind. Although it may seem overwhelming at first, we put together the best tools and documentation to help developers get started.
- Disconnected Sitecore: A Headless and Non-Traditional Approach: “Headless” website architecture, already widely embraced by the Drupal community, impresses both content managers and developers alike with its ability to decouple the front-end and back-end. We used this approach in our Comcast Intranet build and wanted to share our learnings to benefit the rest of the Sitecore community as well.
Learn About Us:
GeekHive is a leading domestic custom web development and CMS implementation company that partners with top digital agencies to build projects for their Fortune 500 clients. Our partners come to us to solve unique business challenges through our technology and strategy expertise. If they can dream it, our Geeks can build it – and still make it home in time for dinner.
We sleep, eat, and breath technology, but also believe in finding a balance between work and life. For nearly 20 years our Geeks have enjoyed a laid back, accepting, encouraging, fun, and innovative workplace and we’re as committed as ever to keeping it that way as we continue to grow.
GeekHive is an Inc. 5000 Fastest Growing Company as well as an award winning Sitecore Gold Partner.
Our team receives:
- Competitive salary & bonus program
- Excellent health & welfare benefits
- Paid vacation, sick and personal time
- Employer contributed retirement plan
- A ton of employee discounts and perks
- Relatively enjoyable Mondays
The Gritty Details:
Please note: we do not provide relocation assistance or work sponsorship. This role requires authorization to work for any employer in the US without visa sponsorship.
GeekHive is an equal opportunity employer.
To all Agencies/Vendors:
We do not accept agency resumes. We are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Check out our other open positions here.