Why should you join the GeekHive team?
We pride ourselves on our capability to tackle difficult and unorthodox builds and give our developers an opportunity to work on projects that push them to grow. Recent successful implementations by the GeekHive team have been on both .NET and PHP projects. On the .NET side they include exposure to the full range of Sitecore’s extensibility points like custom commands, agents, processors, and SPEAK dialogs, as well as complex search implementations, third party integrations, and SPAs using frameworks like AngularJS and React. On the PHP side, we take advantage of a full range of Drupal and WordPress extensibility points. Through custom API calls, we are able to tackle complex problems such as third-party application integrations and custom content migrations. We encourage our developers to contribute to and leverage the open source community through issue queues and module development.
Your Mission, Should You Choose to Accept it…
Reporting to a Technical Lead, you will be responsible for creating high performance, reliable, secure, and maintainable code for client projects. You will work as a member of cross-departmental team that includes Project Management, Design, Quality Assurance and Marketing. The ideal candidate is an aspiring web developer with a keen awareness of emerging trends and technologies, a passion for quality code, and a creative mind. Exposure to, or experience with, web application development is preferred.
What we’re looking for from you:
- Strong skills in object-oriented design and programming
- Fundamental knowledge of web application architecture
- Ability to build for cross-browser, cross-platform, and cross-device compatibility
- Responsive design experience
- Experience with any of the following
- HTML5, XHTML
- CSS3 and CSS preprocessors such as SASS or LESS
- Client-side frameworks such as AngularJS, Backbone.js, Ember.js, or Knockout.js
- ASP.NET and C#
- database design and ORM technologies like Entity Framework
- database-driven applications with Microsoft SQL
- Sitecore, Drupal, or other content management systems
- test-driven development (TDD)
Our Kind of Geek:
- Roll-up-your-sleeves team player
- Eager to solve challenges & meet objectives
- Able to conceptualize & clearly articulate ideas
- Hungry to learn & share what you know
What You’ll Gain:
- Experience with the latest technologies
- Exposure to top tier clients & real-world experience
- Mentorship & guidance from industry experts
- Honed skills in software development lifecycle
To learn more about the work that we do, work that you could be a part of, check out some of our case studies:
- Comcast – Partnering with Huge Inc. as their technical implementation team, we rebuilt Comcast’s intranet, from scratch on the Sitecore platform, delivering a solution that is used by over 100k employees daily.
- Coach USA – Coach required a more robust system that could be easily managed and updated and could also offer enterprise-level capabilities to bring consistency to over 30 microsites on their proprietary system. Based on their objectives, we worked with them to choose and re-platform their outdated site to Drupal 8.
- Crayola – We helped Crayola transform their CMS into a platform that could easily roll out and launch international sites giving each country their own voice and footprint, while staying on brand globally.
Learn About Us:
GeekHive is a leading domestic custom web development and CMS implementation company that partners with top digital agencies to build projects for their Fortune 500 clients. Our partners come to us to solve unique business challenges through our technology and strategy expertise. If they can dream it, our Geeks can build it – and still make it home in time for dinner.
We sleep, eat, and breath technology, but also believe in finding a balance between work and life. For nearly 20 years our Geeks have enjoyed a laid back, accepting, encouraging, fun, and innovative workplace and we’re as committed as ever to keeping it that way as we continue to grow.
GeekHive is an Inc. 5000 Fastest Growing Company as well as one of Inc. Best Workplaces 2017.
The Gritty Details:
- Co-Ops are on-site in Warwick, NY for a minimum of 18 weeks. Preference is given to double coops (January 2018 – June 2018)
- Housing, relocation assistance, and work sponsorships are not provided.
- GeekHive is an equal opportunity employer.
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States.
GeekHive is an equal opportunity employer.