Why should you join the GeekHive team?
GeekHive is a developer-directed technology shop for interactive agencies and creative teams. Our clients and partners concentrate on vision, design, and strategy, while we focus on intelligently engineering and executing those ideas. Together, we craft the sites, software, and apps that propel the web.
The Hive is buzzing with projects, so we’re looking to grow our team of smart, resourceful software developers.
Your Mission, Should You Choose to Accept it…
Reporting to a Technical Lead, you will be responsible for creating high performance, reliable, secure, and maintainable code for client projects. You will work as a member of cross-departmental team that includes Project Management, Design, Quality Assurance and Marketing.
The ideal candidate is an aspiring web developer with a keen awareness of emerging trends and technologies, a passion for quality code, and a creative mind. Exposure to, or experience with, web application development is preferred.
What we're looking for from you:
- Strong skills in object-oriented design and programming
- Fundamental knowledge of web application architecture
- Ability to build for cross-browser, cross-platform, and cross-device compatibility
responsive design experience
- Experience with any of the following:
*CSS3 and CSS preprocessors such as SASS or LESS
*Client-side frameworks such as AngularJS, Backbone.js, Ember.js, or Knockout.js
*ASP.NET and C#
*Database design and ORM technologies like Entity Framework
*Database-driven applications with Microsoft SQL
*Sitecore, Drupal, or other content management systems
*Test-driven development (TDD)
- Roll-up-your-sleeves team player
- Eager to solve challenges & meet objectives
- Able to conceptualize & clearly articulate ideas
- Hungry to learn & share what you know
What You'll Gain
- Experience with the latest technologies
- Exposure to top-tier clients & real-world experience
- Mentorship & guidance from industry experts
- Honed skills in software development lifecycle
The Gritty Details
- Co-Ops are on-site in Warwick, NY for a minimum of 18 weeks. Preference given to double coops (January 2018 - June 2018)
- Housing, relocation assistance, and work sponsorships are not provided.
- GeekHive is an equal opportunity employer.
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States.
Learn About Us:
GeekHive is a leading domestic custom web development and CMS implementation company that partners with top digital agencies to build projects for their Fortune 500 clients. Our partners come to us to solve unique business challenges through our technology and strategy expertise. If they can dream it, our Geeks can build it – and still make it home in time for dinner.
We eat, breathe, and live technology. But, as much as it energizes us, we also believe in balance. We’re about quality of life. We take pride in building lasting relationships with both our clients and our employees. Leadership, mentorship, and integrity inform all we do. Best of all, we’re fun to work with! If you enjoy tackling challenging projects in a casual, creative and fun “agency-like” work environment (think happy hours and nerf wars), you’ll feel right at home.
GeekHive is an Inc. 5000 Fastest Growing Company as well as one of Inc. Best Workplaces 2017.
We offer our team:
- A friendly, fun, and laid back work environment
- Competitive base salary & bonus program
- Comprehensive health and welfare benefit program
- Paid time off
- Employer contributed retirement plan
- A ton of employee discounts and perks
- Work life balance
The Gritty Details:
Please note: we do not provide relocation assistance or work sponsorship. This role requires authorization to work for any employer in the US without visa sponsorship.
GeekHive is an equal opportunity employer.
To all Agencies/Vendors:
We do not accept agency resumes. We are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Check out our other open positions here.