Why should you join the GeekHive team?
We pride ourselves on our capability to tackle difficult and complex builds and give our developers an opportunity to work on projects that push them to grow. Recent successful implementations by the GeekHive team have been on both .NET and PHP projects. On the PHP side, we take advantage of a full range of Drupal and Wordpress extensibility points. Through custom API calls, we are able to tackle complex problems such as third-party application integrations and custom content migrations. We encourage our developers to contribute to and leverage the open source community through issue queues and module development.
Your Mission, Should You Choose to Accept it…
We're searching for a Senior Drupal Developer to work with our development team, either remotely or in our offices in Warwick, NY. We’re looking for someone with great technical skills and the proven ability to work in a collaborative team environment. The ideal candidate would be a talented Drupal developer with exceptional technical skills and a passion for quality code and new technologies.
You should be a team player, qualified to take part in large development projects with many moving pieces. You'll be responsible for staying organized and prioritizing your tasks so you can play an integral role on the team.
Our long-standing team is made up of people from all walks of life, in many states around the U.S. each with a genuine willingness to support one another and a drive to grow and advance themselves. When you join our team, our hope is you will stay and craft a career you are proud of at GeekHive.
What we're looking for from you:
- Strong knowledge of Drupal and fluency in PHP with a solid object-oriented background
- 3-5 years of experience as a Drupal developer
- Fluency in HTML, CSS and responsive web development
- Familiarity with git for source control
- Familiarity with Agile software development methodology and its benefits
- Experience with Drupal 8
- Knowledge of other PHP based CMS such as Wordpress, Craft
- Acquia Certified Developer (or higher)
- Team players willing to work hard to ensure the success of the team, the project and GeekHive
- Detail-oriented with strong competency in task/time and scope management
- Curious - problem-solving isn’t a chore, but a welcome exercise to strong candidates
- Good communicators with the ability to conceptualize and articulate ideas clearly and concisely
- Personal ethics combined with career-oriented professional ambitions are must-have attributes
Please note: we do not provide relocation assistance or work sponsorship. This position is eligible for remote work, however, all remote staff must be based out of the continental US.
At GeekHive, we also encourage our team members to grow their personal brand within the development community. Our developers are regular contributors to partner blogs, The GeekHive Blog, and often create modules for Drupal and The Sitecore Marketplace. Check out some of the posts below:
- Technical Aspects of a Redesign on Drupal: Director of Technology Kevin Varley takes our Cynosure case study to the next level with this technical deep dive into the project.
Learn About Us:
GeekHive is a leading domestic custom web development and CMS implementation company that partners with top digital agencies to build projects for their Fortune 500 clients. Our partners come to us to solve unique business challenges through our technology and strategy expertise. If they can dream it, our Geeks can build it – and still make it home in time for dinner.
We eat, breathe, and live technology. But, as much as it energizes us, we also believe in balance. We’re about quality of life. We take pride in building lasting relationships with both our clients and our employees. Leadership, mentorship, and integrity inform all we do. Best of all, we’re fun to work with! If you enjoy tackling challenging projects in a casual, creative and fun “agency-like” work environment (think happy hours and nerf wars), you’ll feel right at home.
GeekHive is an Inc. 5000 Fastest Growing Company as well as one of Inc. Best Workplaces 2017.
We offer our team:
- A friendly, fun, and laid back work environment
- Competitive base salary & bonus program
- Comprehensive health and welfare benefit program
- Paid time off
- Employer contributed retirement plan
- A ton of employee discounts and perks
- Work life balance
The Gritty Details:
Please note: we do not provide relocation assistance or work sponsorship. This role requires authorization to work for any employer in the US without visa sponsorship.
GeekHive is an equal opportunity employer.
To all Agencies/Vendors:
We do not accept agency resumes. We are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Check out our other open positions here.To learn more about the work that we do, work that you could be a part of, check out some of our case studies:
- Coach USA - Coach required a more robust system that could be easily managed and updated and could also offer enterprise-level capabilities to bring consistency to over 30 microsites on their proprietary system. Based on their objectives, we worked with them to choose and re-platform their outdated site to Drupal 8.
- Cynosure - Cynosure needed to rebuild and update their marketing portal in order to provide practitioners with tools and education needed to grow their practices. Given the significantly improved feature set for this next generation marketing platform, including a large Salesforce integration, we determined Drupal 7 as the best platform for this project and built a technical strategy and implementation plan around it.