Why should you join the GeekHive team?
GeekHive is a world-class marketing technology consultancy. We help our clients align their team, refine their strategy, and integrate their tools for the most effective customer engagement.
GeekHive is actively seeking a Sales Development Representative to join us on-site in Warwick, NY. In this role, you will be responsible for working with the Marketing and Sales teams to contact prospective sales leads, qualify them, and set appointments for GeekHive Account Executives.
This is a great opportunity for a smart, strategic individual with strong sales and communication skills that are looking for an opportunity to get in on the ground floor and grow along with us.
Your Mission, Should You Choose to Accept it…
In this role, you will:
- Follow up on inbound marketing generated leads from the website, tradeshows, and other marketing events and programs to qualify leads and set appointments for GeekHive Account Executives.
- Identify customer business needs and communicate how GeekHive’s offerings can address those needs.
- Collaborate with the Sales team on account strategy, demand generation activities, delivery plans, and results.
- Make extensive use of successful prospecting techniques to evangelize GeekHive's solution portfolio, generate customer interest, and provide a targeted value proposition.
What we're looking for from you:
- The ability to understand the needs and pains of the customer and link them to GeekHive solutions.
- The ability to discuss key industry issues at multiple levels within an organization.
- A positive attitude, resilience and an ability to overcome objections with grace and confidence.
- The ability to identify opportunities and creatively engage prospects.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral).
- Knowledge of sales techniques and sales and marketing systems like Salesforce.com and Marketo.
- Basic technical understanding is helpful, in areas such as software development lifecycles (e.g. Agile, Waterfall, etc.) as well as Content Management Systems (CMS) and how they are used will be beneficial.
- Driven, self-motivated, self-starters with a proactive and creative approach to serving clients and the ability to execute a sales strategy that drives predictable revenue.
- Likable, bring your positive attitude as we strongly value the culture and environment we’ve cultivated through the years.
- Excellent communicators with strong negotiating and influencing skills.
- Team players that can perform effectively within a multidisciplinary team.
- Experienced in building and growing strong, long-term client relationships with highly technical people.
- Organized with a demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects concurrently, meet deadlines and follow-up in a timely manner.
Please note: we do not provide relocation assistance or work sponsorship. This position is eligible for remote work, however, all remote staff must be based out of the continental US.
Learn About Us:
GeekHive is a leading domestic custom web development and CMS implementation company that partners with top digital agencies to build projects for their Fortune 500 clients. Our partners come to us to solve unique business challenges through our technology and strategy expertise. If they can dream it, our Geeks can build it – and still make it home in time for dinner.
We eat, breathe, and live technology. But, as much as it energizes us, we also believe in balance. We’re about quality of life. We take pride in building lasting relationships with both our clients and our employees. Leadership, mentorship, and integrity inform all we do. Best of all, we’re fun to work with! If you enjoy tackling challenging projects in a casual, creative and fun “agency-like” work environment (think happy hours and nerf wars), you’ll feel right at home.
GeekHive is an Inc. 5000 Fastest Growing Company as well as one of Inc. Best Workplaces 2017.
We offer our team:
- A friendly, fun, and laid back work environment
- Competitive base salary & bonus program
- Comprehensive health and welfare benefit program
- Paid time off
- Employer contributed retirement plan
- A ton of employee discounts and perks
- Work life balance
The Gritty Details:
Please note: we do not provide relocation assistance or work sponsorship. This role requires authorization to work for any employer in the US without visa sponsorship.
GeekHive is an equal opportunity employer.
To all Agencies/Vendors:
We do not accept agency resumes. We are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Check out our other open positions here.