Why should you join the GeekHive team?
We pride ourselves on our capability to tackle difficult and complex builds and give our developers an opportunity to work on projects that push them to grow. Recent successful implementations by the GeekHive team have been on both .NET and PHP projects. On the PHP side, we take advantage of a full range of Drupal and Wordpress extensibility points. Through custom API calls, we are able to tackle complex problems such as third-party application integrations and custom content migrations. We encourage our developers to contribute to and leverage the open source community through issue queues and module development.
Your Mission, Should You Choose to Accept it…
GeekHive is looking a React Native Developer for a remote, contract position. We would like a professional full stack web developer and native mobile developer who picked up React Native because they liked their experience using React for the web and married it with their knowledge of native mobile development. Ideally, you will have both a strong web and mobile development posture and could be a strong candidate for full stack web developer roles, if necessary.
What we're looking for from you:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or similar
- Professional development (>= 4 years)
- TypeScript (>= 6 months)
- React Native (>= 1 year)
- Native iOS and/or Android development (>= 2 years)
- Experience creating and configuring native iOS and/or Android applications
- Experience managing and releasing applications on Apple App Store and Google Play Store
- Team players willing to work hard to ensure the success of the team, the project and GeekHive
- Detail-oriented with strong competency in task/time and scope management
- Curious - problem-solving isn’t a chore, but a welcome exercise to strong candidates
- Good communicators with the ability to conceptualize and articulate ideas clearly and concisely
- Personal ethics combined with career-oriented professional ambitions are must-have attributes
- Work on mobile applications for some of the biggest companies in the world
- Work with talented team of developers in a fast-paced environment
- Write high quality, performant mobile applications
Please note: we do not provide relocation assistance or work sponsorship. This position is eligible for remote work, however, all remote staff must be based out of the continental US.
At GeekHive, we also encourage our team members to grow their personal brand within the development community. Our developers are regular contributors to partner blogs, The GeekHive Blog, and often create modules for Drupal and The Sitecore Marketplace. Check out some of the posts below:
- Technical Aspects of a Redesign on Drupal: Director of Technology Kevin Varley takes our Cynosure case study to the next level with this technical deep dive into the project.
Learn About Us:
GeekHive is a leading domestic custom web development and CMS implementation company that partners with top digital agencies to build projects for their Fortune 500 clients. Our partners come to us to solve unique business challenges through our technology and strategy expertise. If they can dream it, our Geeks can build it – and still make it home in time for dinner.
We eat, breathe, and live technology. But, as much as it energizes us, we also believe in balance. We’re about quality of life. We take pride in building lasting relationships with both our clients and our employees. Leadership, mentorship, and integrity inform all we do. Best of all, we’re fun to work with! If you enjoy tackling challenging projects in a casual, creative and fun “agency-like” work environment (think happy hours and nerf wars), you’ll feel right at home.
GeekHive is an Inc. 5000 Fastest Growing Company as well as one of Inc. Best Workplaces 2017.
We offer our team:
- A friendly, fun, and laid back work environment
- Competitive base salary & bonus program
- Comprehensive health and welfare benefit program
- Paid time off
- Employer contributed retirement plan
- A ton of employee discounts and perks
- Work life balance
The Gritty Details:
Please note: we do not provide relocation assistance or work sponsorship. This role requires authorization to work for any employer in the US without visa sponsorship.
GeekHive is an equal opportunity employer.
To all Agencies/Vendors:
We do not accept agency resumes. We are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Check out our other open positions here.