Why should you join the GeekHive team?
GeekHive is actively seeking a Quality Assurance Specialist Contractor (on-site or remote) to participate in the agile software development process through the creation and execution of test plans and cases, manual and automated test scripts, and issue management.
Your Mission, Should You Choose to Accept it…
This position will be responsible for ensuring that our developers' code meets organization standards and end-user requirements. This position will also be responsible for executing and documenting the testing of software/applications to ensure proper operation and freedom from defects. This position will work closely with Project Managers and technical peers to identify project needs. This is currently a temporary/contract position.
- Work with multiple project teams in understanding requirements for new projects.
- Determine appropriate test strategy and approach based on business requirements and design specifications.
- Provide estimates for testing tasks and responsibilities.
- Document and evaluate test results, track and manage defects and troubleshoot issues.
- Clearly define applicable testing procedures and expectations with business and development teams.
- Must be able to support projects during regular business hours EST/EDT.
What we're looking for from you:
- Solid technical aptitude, proven analytical skills and a solid understanding of project quality.
- Knowledge of industry standards and methodology related to software quality assurance and testing.
- Proven experience with test planning, risk analysis, test design, test plan creation and execution to deliver large complex projects.
- Experience with test automation tools is desired.
- Experience with Web Accessibility testing and knowledge of standards is a major plus.
- Working knowledge of Sitecore is a major plus.
- Team players willing to work hard to ensure the success of the team, the project and GeekHive.
- Detail-oriented with strong competency in task/time and scope management.
- Curious - problem solving will not be a chore, but a welcome exercise to strong candidates.
- Good communicator with the ability to conceptualize and articulate ideas clearly and concisely.
Learn About Us:
GeekHive is a leading domestic custom web development and CMS implementation company that partners with top digital agencies to build projects for their Fortune 500 clients. Our partners come to us to solve unique business challenges through our technology and strategy expertise. If they can dream it, our Geeks can build it – and still make it home in time for dinner.
We eat, breathe, and live technology. But, as much as it energizes us, we also believe in balance. We’re about quality of life. We take pride in building lasting relationships with both our clients and our employees. Leadership, mentorship, and integrity inform all we do. Best of all, we’re fun to work with! If you enjoy tackling challenging projects in a casual, creative and fun “agency-like” work environment (think happy hours and nerf wars), you’ll feel right at home.
GeekHive is an Inc. 5000 Fastest Growing Company as well as one of Inc. Best Workplaces 2017.
We offer our team:
- A friendly, fun, and laid back work environment
- Competitive base salary & bonus program
- Comprehensive health and welfare benefit program
- Paid time off
- Employer contributed retirement plan
- A ton of employee discounts and perks
- Work life balance
The Gritty Details:
Please note: we do not provide relocation assistance or work sponsorship. This role requires authorization to work for any employer in the US without visa sponsorship.
GeekHive is an equal opportunity employer.
To all Agencies/Vendors:
We do not accept agency resumes. We are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Check out our other open positions here.