Why should you join the GeekHive team?
The people you work with, and the projects you contribute to make GeekHive an amazing place to work. GeekHive is a leading domestic custom web development and CMS implementation company that partners with top digital agencies to build projects for their Fortune 500 clients. Our partners come to us to solve unique business challenges through our technology and strategy expertise. If they can dream it, our Geeks can build it - and still make it home in time for dinner.
Your Mission, Should You Choose to Accept it…
GeekHive is hiring a Project Manager who knows how to get things done. In this role you will be responsible for the successful (on-time & on-budget) delivery of marketing technology enablement projects for our clients. You’ll work closely with the smartest and most creative people in the industry to solve challenging problems and provide amazing experiences to our clients, our clients’ end users, and our team members.
As a central point of contact to our clients, you will have a significant influence on our company’s success. Doing this is no small feat. As a Project Manager you’ll demonstrate leadership skills to guide, coach, and motivate team members to reach their potential. Tactical skills such as managing Agile teams, time management, financial planning, issue management, meeting facilitation and status reporting will be necessary. None of our projects are one-size-fits-all. You’ll need to be comfortable sometimes navigating ambiguous project definitions and molding them into valuable end-products for our clients.
This is currently a temporary/contract position.
What we're looking for from you:
- Minimum of 3 years project management/leadership experience in an application development organization as an individual, team leader, and/or development manager
- A record of successful delivery of web and/or mobile applications
- Understanding of the software development lifecycle (SDLC), Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban), and how to effectively deliver technology products to market
- Strong leadership, project management skills, time & budget management, and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and coordination skills along with multi-tasking capabilities to get things done in a fast paced environment
- Self-motivated and proactive with demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities
- Previous experience developing web or mobile applications preferred
- Experience with Atlassian Jira & Confluence desired
- Knowledge of content management systems such as Sitecore, Drupal, Episerver, or WordPress desired
- Team players willing to work hard to ensure the success of the team, the project and GeekHive.
- Curious - problem solving will not be a chore, but a welcome exercise to strong candidates.
- Good communicators with the ability to conceptualize and articulate ideas clearly and concisely.
- Personal ethics combined with career-oriented professional ambitions are must have attributes
Please note: we do not provide relocation assistance or work sponsorship. This position is eligible for remote work, however, all remote staff must be based out of the continental US.
Learn About Us:
GeekHive is a leading domestic custom web development and CMS implementation company that partners with top digital agencies to build projects for their Fortune 500 clients. Our partners come to us to solve unique business challenges through our technology and strategy expertise. If they can dream it, our Geeks can build it – and still make it home in time for dinner.
We eat, breathe, and live technology. But, as much as it energizes us, we also believe in balance. We’re about quality of life. We take pride in building lasting relationships with both our clients and our employees. Leadership, mentorship, and integrity inform all we do. Best of all, we’re fun to work with! If you enjoy tackling challenging projects in a casual, creative and fun “agency-like” work environment (think happy hours and nerf wars), you’ll feel right at home.
GeekHive is an Inc. 5000 Fastest Growing Company as well as one of Inc. Best Workplaces 2017.
We offer our team:
- A friendly, fun, and laid back work environment
- Competitive base salary & bonus program
- Comprehensive health and welfare benefit program
- Paid time off
- Employer contributed retirement plan
- A ton of employee discounts and perks
- Work life balance
The Gritty Details:
Please note: we do not provide relocation assistance or work sponsorship. This role requires authorization to work for any employer in the US without visa sponsorship.
GeekHive is an equal opportunity employer.
To all Agencies/Vendors:
We do not accept agency resumes. We are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Check out our other open positions here.