Why should you join the GeekHive team?
GeekHive is a world-class marketing technology consultancy. We help our clients align their team, refine their strategy, and integrate their tools for the most effective customer engagement.
GeekHive is actively seeking a Director of Finance who will be responsible for the accounting operations of the Company, including the production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and management of a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy and timeliness of the Company’s reported financial results, and ensure the reported results comply with GAAP.
This is a great opportunity for a dynamic individual with a strong accounting and finance background.
Your Mission, Should You Choose to Accept it…
- Develop and maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures to assure their consistent application and maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- Manage all accounting operations including Billing, A/R, A/P, GL and Counsel, Inventory
- Ensure all reasonable discounts are taken on AP through timely payment. Supervise timely entry and categorization of vendor invoices in the Company’s financial records.
- Ensure that monthly bank account reconciliations are completed accurately and timely and submitted to the CEO for review.
- Reconcile general ledger accounts on a regular basis, as appropriate (e.g., A/R general ledger balance to detailed aging).
- Maintain an appropriate chart of accounts to permit reporting by division or product/service line.
- Maintain a system of adequate internal controls over accounting transactions.
- Issue timely, accurate and complete financial statements (monthly, quarterly and year-to-date); ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting.
- Calculate and timely issue financial and operating metrics (e.g., AR DSO, Inventory turns, financial ratios) relevant to the Company and its product/service lines.
- Provide financial analyses as needed, especially for capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations.
- Coordinate the provision of information to external auditors for their review (and/or audit) of the Company’s financial statements on a regular (quarterly) basis.
- Coordinate the preparation of regulatory reporting; assure compliance with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings on a timely basis
What we're looking for from you:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business administration, or equivalent business experience.
- 10+ years of progressively responsible, combined accounting and finance experience, including proven working experience as a Financial controller for a substantial company or division of a large corporation.
- Experience managing and developing staff is a must.
- Preference will be given to candidates with CPA (Certified Public Accountant) or CMA (Certified Management Accountant) designations.
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures, experience with creating financial statements, general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process, and excellent accounting software user and administration skills. Knowledge of FinancialForce is a plus.
- Strong problem solvers with solid decision making abilities and ethical standards.
- Excellent communicators with strong relationship building and influencing skills.
- Team players that can perform effectively within a multidisciplinary team.
- Organized with a demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects concurrently, meet deadlines and follow-up in a timely manner.
- Ability to identify and critically assess the issues and use professional judgment to develop appropriate decision models, identify and analyze the costs and benefits of alternative courses of action and recommend optimal solutions.
- Likable, bring your positive attitude as we strongly value the culture and environment we’ve cultivated through the years.
Learn About Us:
GeekHive is a leading domestic custom web development and CMS implementation company that partners with top digital agencies to build projects for their Fortune 500 clients. Our partners come to us to solve unique business challenges through our technology and strategy expertise. If they can dream it, our Geeks can build it – and still make it home in time for dinner.
We eat, breathe, and live technology. But, as much as it energizes us, we also believe in balance. We’re about quality of life. We take pride in building lasting relationships with both our clients and our employees. Leadership, mentorship, and integrity inform all we do. Best of all, we’re fun to work with! If you enjoy tackling challenging projects in a casual, creative and fun “agency-like” work environment (think happy hours and nerf wars), you’ll feel right at home.
GeekHive is an Inc. 5000 Fastest Growing Company as well as one of Inc. Best Workplaces 2017.
We offer our team:
- A friendly, fun, and laid back work environment
- Competitive base salary & bonus program
- Comprehensive health and welfare benefit program
- Paid time off
- Employer contributed retirement plan
- A ton of employee discounts and perks
- Work life balance
The Gritty Details:
Please note: we do not provide relocation assistance or work sponsorship. This role requires authorization to work for any employer in the US without visa sponsorship.
GeekHive is an equal opportunity employer.
To all Agencies/Vendors:
We do not accept agency resumes. We are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Check out our other open positions here.