Why should you join the GeekHive team?
GeekHive is a world-class marketing technology consultancy. We help our clients align their team, refine their strategy, and integrate their tools for the most effective customer engagement.
GeekHive is actively seeking a Content Manager to manage content creation for the company, including online and offline, ensuring content stays up to date and is relevant. The Content Manager will be responsible for the development and execution of all content marketing initiatives that drive traffic, engagement and leads that deliver sales and foster customer retention. The Content Manager will work closely with the marketing team to devise a web content strategy that aligns with the company's wider goals.
Your Mission, Should You Choose to Accept it…
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem-solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Communications - Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally; expresses ideas and thoughts in written form; exhibits good listening and comprehension; keeps others adequately informed; selects and uses appropriate communication methods.
- Managing People - Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; takes responsibility for subordinates' activities; makes self-available to staff; provides regular performance feedback; develops subordinates' skills and encourages growth; solicits and applies customer feedback (internal and external); fosters quality focus in others; improves processes, products and services.; continually works to improve supervisory skills.
- Achievement Focus - Sets and achieves challenging goals; demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; measures self against standard of excellence; recognizes and acts on opportunities; takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; plans for additional resources; sets goals and objectives; organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; develops realistic action plans.
What we're looking for from you:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent working experience
- 5- 7 years of managerial experience
- Proficiency in WordPress, Google Analytics, SlideShare, and the top social channels
- Editorial mindset that seeks to understand what audiences consume and how to create it
- Project management skills and understanding how to manage the priorities of multiple stakeholders
- Be accountable for all content marketing initiatives to drive traffic, engagement and leads, that deliver sales and customer retention.
- Work closely with the marketing team to devise a web content strategy that aligns with the company's wider goals.
- Create a content marketing calendar to ensure regular content on the website throughout the year.
- Have editorial requirements include basic SEO understanding, content categorization and structure, content development, distribution and measurement. (Targeting keywords set by the online marketing manager and basing articles around them).
- Keep up to date with industry best practice and monitoring content activities of competitor websites.
- Help with Ad-hoc copywriting.
- Create entertaining and informative video content for the website.
- Manage channels of digital content and all supporting social channels including email/newsletter distribution; needs to understand the basic best practices of the main social media channels, which content and approaches work on each and why.
- Update all sections of the website including homepage and all other categories.
Please note: we do not provide relocation assistance or work sponsorship. This position is eligible for remote work, however, all remote staff must be based out of the continental US.
Learn About Us:
GeekHive is a leading domestic custom web development and CMS implementation company that partners with top digital agencies to build projects for their Fortune 500 clients. Our partners come to us to solve unique business challenges through our technology and strategy expertise. If they can dream it, our Geeks can build it – and still make it home in time for dinner.
We eat, breathe, and live technology. But, as much as it energizes us, we also believe in balance. We’re about quality of life. We take pride in building lasting relationships with both our clients and our employees. Leadership, mentorship, and integrity inform all we do. Best of all, we’re fun to work with! If you enjoy tackling challenging projects in a casual, creative and fun “agency-like” work environment (think happy hours and nerf wars), you’ll feel right at home.
GeekHive is an Inc. 5000 Fastest Growing Company as well as one of Inc. Best Workplaces 2017.
We offer our team:
- A friendly, fun, and laid back work environment
- Competitive base salary & bonus program
- Comprehensive health and welfare benefit program
- Paid time off
- Employer contributed retirement plan
- A ton of employee discounts and perks
- Work life balance
The Gritty Details:
Please note: we do not provide relocation assistance or work sponsorship. This role requires authorization to work for any employer in the US without visa sponsorship.
GeekHive is an equal opportunity employer.
To all Agencies/Vendors:
We do not accept agency resumes. We are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Check out our other open positions here.