Why should you join the GeekHive team?
We pride ourselves on our capability to tackle difficult and unorthodox builds and give our developers an opportunity to work on projects that push them to grow. Recent successful implementations by the GeekHive team have been on both .NET and PHP projects. On the .NET side they include exposure to the full range of Sitecore’s extensibility points like custom commands, agents, processors, and SPEAK dialogs, as well as complex search implementations, third party integrations, and SPAs using frameworks like AngularJS and React. On the PHP side, we take advantage of a full range of Drupal and WordPress extensibility points. Through custom API calls, we are able to tackle complex problems such as third-party application integrations and custom content migrations. We encourage our developers to contribute to and leverage the open source community through issue queues and module development.
Your Mission, Should You Choose to Accept it…
You should be a team player, qualified to take part in large development projects with many moving pieces. You’ll be responsible for staying organized and prioritizing your tasks so you can play an integral role on the team.
Our long-standing team is made up of people from all walks of life, in many states around the U.S., each with a genuine willingness to support one another and a drive to grow and advance ourselves. When you join our team, our hope is you will stay and craft a career you are proud of at GeekHive.
What we’re looking for from you:
Successful candidates will be:
- Curious and inquisitive, asking questions and seeking knowledge
- Adaptable, able to effectively and efficiently learn new techniques and technology
- Knowledgeable, about current trends and best practices in software development
- Articulate, able to describe problems in detail with clarity and generally communicate effectively
- Team players, willing to work hard to ensure the success of the team, the project and GeekHive
- ASP.NET (or equivalent server-side templating language experience)
Not Required, but Desired:
- Experience developing responsive websites or web applications
- Experience with CSS Architectures
- Experience with CSS Pre/Post-processors
- Experience with build tools
- Node.js development
- Mobile application development
- Facebook development
- Design experience
To learn more about the work that we do, work that you could be a part of, check out some of our case studies:
- Comcast – Partnering with Huge Inc. as their technical implementation team, we rebuilt Comcast’s intranet, from scratch on the Sitecore platform, delivering a solution that is used by over 100k employees daily.
- Coach USA – Coach required a more robust system that could be easily managed and updated and could also offer enterprise-level capabilities to bring consistency to over 30 microsites on their proprietary system. Based on their objectives, we worked with them to choose and re-platform their outdated site to Drupal 8.
- Crayola – We helped Crayola transform their CMS into a platform that could easily roll out and launch international sites giving each country their own voice and footprint, while staying on brand globally.
At GeekHive we also encourage our team members to grow their personal brand within the development community. Our developers are regular contributors to partner blogs, The GeekHive Blog, and often create modules for Drupal and The Sitecore Marketplace. Check out some of the posts below:
- Sitecore Coast: This module allows Sitecore users to copy and paste items or entire content trees between instances.
- Drupal 8: Making the Switch as a Developer: The release of Drupal 8 forever changed the Drupal landscape. As a more object-oriented approach is being embraced, many are feeling left behind. Although it may seem overwhelming at first, we put together the best tools and documentation to help developers get started.
- Disconnected Sitecore: A Headless and Non-Traditional Approach: “Headless” website architecture, already widely embraced by the Drupal community, impresses both content managers and developers alike with its ability to decouple the front-end and back-end. We used this approach in our Comcast Intranet build and wanted to share our learnings to benefit the rest of the Sitecore community as well.
Learn About Us:
GeekHive is a leading domestic custom web development and CMS implementation company that partners with top digital agencies to build projects for their Fortune 500 clients. Our partners come to us to solve unique business challenges through our technology and strategy expertise. If they can dream it, our Geeks can build it – and still make it home in time for dinner.
We sleep, eat, and breath technology, but also believe in finding a balance between work and life. For nearly 20 years our Geeks have enjoyed a laid back, accepting, encouraging, fun, and innovative workplace and we’re as committed as ever to keeping it that way as we continue to grow.
GeekHive is an Inc. 5000 Fastest Growing Company as well as an award winning Sitecore Gold Partner.
Our team receives:
- Competitive salary & bonus program
- Excellent health & welfare benefits
- Paid vacation, sick and personal time
- Employer contributed retirement plan
- A ton of employee discounts and perks
- Relatively enjoyable Mondays
The Gritty Details:
Please note: we do not provide relocation assistance or work sponsorship. This role requires authorization to work for any employer in the US without visa sponsorship.
GeekHive is an equal opportunity employer.
To all Agencies/Vendors:
We do not accept agency resumes. We are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Check out our other open positions here.