Why should you join the GeekHive team?
The people you work with, and the projects you contribute to make GeekHive an amazing place to work. GeekHive is a leading domestic custom web development and CMS implementation company that partners with top digital agencies to build projects for their Fortune 500 clients. Our partners come to us to solve unique business challenges through our technology and strategy expertise. If they can dream it, our Geeks can build it – and still make it home in time for dinner.
Your Mission, Should You Choose to Accept it…
GeekHive is currently seeking a Digital SEO Content Writer to fill a six-month contract at our headquarters in Warwick, NY . Reporting into the Director of Digital Marketing, the SEO Content Writer fills a valuable role on our Team. A strategic and creative thinker, this person is energized by the challenge of researching, analyzing and understanding our marketing strategy and delivering compelling content on our website, social channels, sales team needs and for our nurture campaigns. While the Director of Digital Marketing is on leave, you will be responsible for managing our content output and strategy.
What we’re looking for from you:
- Develop and Implement content strategy for website and email campaigns to increase user engagement and conversions.
- Ensure, from a content and image perspective, that all assets created are on brand and in-line with the organization’s overall marketing objectives, strategic plan and messaging.
- Manage email marketing automation campaigns using marketing tools like Pardot. This will include developing templates that will be used across the organization.
- Perform ongoing website traffic analysis to identify and recommend landing page improvements.
- Assist throughout the editorial process including the management of content calendars, ideation of blog content, and deployment to content management system.
- Create keyword and competitor analysis reports to support content creation for website, sales marketing assets, and blog.
- Write original, powerful SEO content for blogs, press releases, and websites.
- Implement and monitor SEO best practices including but not limited to backlink monitoring, development of contextual marketing strategy and ongoing meta tag maintenance.
- Identify and implement best practices to track metrics across all initiatives.
- Monitor relevant emerging web technologies, market trends, tools, applications, channels, design and strategy.
- Provide regular reports to supervisors showing site traffic and make recommendations to strengthen user experience.
- Participate in content and creative brainstorms and consistently provide innovative ideas relative to content.
- Work in close collaboration with creative, and technology to request, develop, administer, and manage digital marketing content assets and copy performing quality assurance checks to ensure content and associated metadata appears appropriately on all platforms.
- Provide support for retargeting and linkedin campaigns, tracking and analysis.
- Provide research assistance on digital trends, platforms and influencers.
- Create content for nurture campaigns including landing pages, downloadables, blog posts, and emails.
- Entrepreneurial — you’re a self-starter that knows how to make things happen
- Must be able and willing to take initiative and to problem-solve as appropriate within the scope of responsibilities of this position
- Experienced storyteller who can quickly generate themes and ideas and turn them into content that successfully makes an emotional connection with customers.
- Results-driven with ability to determine and articulate program effectiveness, and ROI
- Experience with marketing automation and Content Management Systems (i.e. WordPress, Drupal etc.)
- Email systems & Marketing Technology experience (Pardot, Eloqua, Hubspot, Marketo, Mailchimp etc.)
- Experienced in SEO/SEM copywriting techniques
- Outstanding communicator (written, verbal, visual) with strong writing, editing skills
- Detail oriented, highly organized and strong interpersonal skills with an ability to interact with all levels in the organization
- The ability to quickly research a topic and produce engaging and relevant content
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills to meet numerous scheduled and unforeseen requests and deadlines, and ability to deal with numerous interruptions throughout the day and still perform necessary tasks
- Proficient at using various analytical tools (i.e. Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, SEMRush etc.)
- A clear understanding of the conversion funnel and how copywriting impacts that funnel
- Solid understanding of writing techniques for a variety of objectives and mediums including website copy, email newsletters, digital advertising, blog posts, contributed pieces, and press release
- Impeccable grammar and punctuation skills and the ability to translate complex topics into easy-to-read content while maintaining high standards for readability and factual correctness
- Must welcome constructive criticism and enjoy all aspects of the creative process
- Technology industry experience preferred
- Minimum of three years of relevant work experience preferably in website content strategy development
- Experience working with creative and/or technical development of web based solutions, technology and emerging media
- Strong portfolio of work, particularly of ad copy, product descriptions, SEO copy,editorial, and social media
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field of study
Other Experience Desired But Not Required:
- Salesforce experience
- Google AdWords Certification
- Google Analytics Certification
- Experience creating white papers, ebooks, other sales tools
- Experience running and creating content for webinars and/or podcasts
- Basic understanding of HTML/CSS
Candidates should be prepared to provide work samples and writing samples.
Learn About Us:
We sleep, eat, and breath technology, but also believe in finding a balance between work and life. For nearly 20 years our Geeks have enjoyed a laid back, accepting, encouraging, fun, and innovative workplace and we’re as committed as ever to keeping it that way as we continue to grow.
GeekHive is an Inc. 5000 Fastest Growing Company as well as one of Inc. Best Workplaces 2017.
The Gritty Details:
Please note: we do not provide relocation assistance or work sponsorship. This role requires authorization to work for any employer in the US without visa sponsorship.
GeekHive is an equal opportunity employer.
To all Agencies/Vendors:
We do not accept agency resumes. We are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Check out our other open positions here.