We’re seeking a QA Specialist for a contract position. This role will participate in the agile software development process through the creation and execution of test plans and cases, manual and automated test scripts, and issue management.
Your Mission, Should You Choose to Accept it…
The QA Role will be working with the QA Manager on high profile projects to ensure that our developers’ code meets organization standards and end-user requirements. In this role, you will be responsible for executing and documenting the testing of software/applications to ensure proper operation and freedom from defects. This position will also work closely with Project Managers and technical peers to identify project needs.
What we’re looking for from you:
- Work with multiple project teams in understanding requirements for new projects
- Determine and clearly define appropriate test strategy based on business requirements and design specifications
- Provide estimates for testing tasks and responsibilities
- Document and evaluate test plans and test results
- Log, track and manage defects and troubleshoot issues
- Solid technical aptitude, proven analytical skills and a solid understanding of project quality
- Knowledge of industry standards and methodology related to software quality assurance and testing
- Proven working knowledge of automation (Selenium, etc.) and Test Management tools
- Working knowledge of JIRA
- Knowledge of CMSs and general experience with Sitecore is a plus
- General knowledge of website architectures and design is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong leadership qualities, motivated and driven, able to work independently
To learn more about the work that we do, work that you could be a part of, check out some of our case studies:
- Comcast – Partnering with Huge Inc. as their technical implementation team, we rebuilt Comcast’s intranet, from scratch on the Sitecore platform, delivering a solution that is used by over 100k employees daily.
- Coach USA – Coach required a more robust system that could be easily managed and updated and could also offer enterprise-level capabilities to bring consistency to over 30 microsites on their proprietary system. Based on their objectives, we worked with them to choose and re-platform their outdated site to Drupal 8.
- Crayola – We helped Crayola transform their CMS into a platform that could easily roll out and launch international sites giving each country their own voice and footprint, while staying on brand globally.
Learn About Us:
GeekHive is a leading domestic custom web development and CMS implementation company that partners with top digital agencies to build projects for their Fortune 500 clients. Our partners come to us to solve unique business challenges through our technology and strategy expertise. If they can dream it, our Geeks can build it – and still make it home in time for dinner.
We sleep, eat, and breath technology, but also believe in finding a balance between work and life. For nearly 20 years our Geeks have enjoyed a laid back, accepting, encouraging, fun, and innovative workplace and we’re as committed as ever to keeping it that way as we continue to grow.
GeekHive is an Inc. 5000 Fastest Growing Company as well as one of Inc. Best Workplaces 2017.
The Gritty Details:
- Independent Contractors must be based out of the Continental United States
- The ability to work on-site at our offices in Warwick, NY is a plus
- No agencies please
GeekHive is an equal opportunity employer.