The MarTech Enablement Series Part 1: Featured on MarTech Today
August 7, 2017
I’m excited to announce the first post in a 9 part series I’m writing for MarTech Today called: “The MarTech Enablement Series – A Nine Part Practical Guide to MarTech Enablement.” In it, I’m sharing with marketers an approach they can take to successfully enable MarTech within their organization.
I can’t wait to share this information and so much more with you over the next 9 weeks. It’s invaluable to ensuring your organization can keep up with the demands of your customers – crafting real-time, personalized experiences across every part of their customer journey on and off your site.
Part 1 of the series covers:
- What is MarTech Enablement?
- The misconceptions about digital transformation and digital maturity you may have bought into
- A practical approach to digital maturity (and it turn transformation)
- The insights and actions you need to focus on starting today
- An introduction to The Race Team Analogy
Here’s a blurb from today’s MarTech Today Article:
Transform and Mature, Huh?
As I said earlier, a lot is being said about “Digital Transformation” and “Digital Maturity”. These two phrases are putting tremendous pressure on CMOs to evolve their departments to stay relevant in an increasingly competitive marketplace. I hear this from CMOs every day. There are several common themes to these conversations:
- The desire to gain a competitive advantage in the marketplace through MarTech along with a fear in delaying MarTech adoption.
- Upper management requiring quantification of marketing spend or ROMI (return on marketing investment) which is driven by the shift of marketing technology budget from IT to the marketing organization’s budget.
- Increased customer expectation regarding a sophisticated digital interaction with your brand.
I have 5 children. Parenting is a huge part of my life. I can tell you through lots of trial and error that telling your kids to “GROW UP!” doesn’t ACTUALLY . . . . make them grow up. Everyday guidance, interactions, careful learning, listening, nurturing, and sharing are things that create better results. Small incremental methodical growth that happens through these experiences causes children to gain wisdom and eventually reach maturity. Do you see where I’m going with this?
The industry is yelling at marketing organizations to “TRANSFORM and MATURE” This is like yelling at my children to “MATURE” and expecting them to actually mature magically at that moment. Silly. Transforming and maturing is a result of a process of change that happens over time. Transformation and maturity (both nouns) are a destination, not a process.
What is needed is an incremental process that transforms and matures the marketing organization. MarTech Enablement is the process of change that matures and transforms your marketing organization resulting in “Digital Transformation” and “Digital Maturity.”
Read the entire post on MarTech Today.
In case you missed it, check out my last post introducing and defining MarTech Enablement.
GeekHive, founded in 1997, is a leading domestic MarTech Enablement partner. We know what it takes to create a successful digital program from strategy to implementation to ongoing refinement and support and we love nothing more than coming up with technical solutions and strategies to solve the complex MarTech puzzles our clients face. When failure isn’t an option, our partners count on us, and we make it our personal mission to exceed their expectations, every time.
Stay up to date with our email updates!