Introducing Coast for Sitecore Version 3.0
February 21, 2017
Copy and paste Sitecore items even faster than before, with version 3.0 of Coast for Sitecore. The new release of Coast for Sitecore retains the core ability to move items quickly between databases, server, and versions while reducing install and operating time.
The latest release of Coast for Sitecore contains enough enhancements, that we skipped over version 2.0 and went straight to 3.0. Version 3.0 contains the following improvements:
- Installation reduced to a single package installation with no extra steps
- Completely silent install, no overwriting necessary
- Removed reliance on the MaxJsonLength in web.config limit that added an extra step to the installation/deployments
- Drastically improved loading performance of the dialog by removing reliance on SPEAK UI components in favor of Sheer Dialog
- Ability to select the latest version of an item (or tree) instead of defaulting to the fully serialized item
- This in turn, improves performance for larger copy-paste operations
- Added configuration setting for the threshold of data (in bytes) to allow for copying to a clipboard. If threshold is reached, serialized content is downloaded as a file instead. The Paste operation now supports file upload.
- Compacted UI and more descriptive verbiage to guide user
- General refactoring of codebase to improve performance of all operations
Watch our tutorial video to walk through the install process and various use-cases:
Stay up to date with our email updates!
If you found this post helpful, there are plenty more where it came from! You'll find the first 10 here.
Download the first 10 posts in our Sitecore how-to series by Developer Tim Leverett!