Contribute to Coast for Sitecore
November 15, 2016
Coast for Sitecore, is an open source module that allows for quick transfer of items across databases, instances, and versions. End-user documentation exists on our accompanying blog post. Setting up a project and contributing to the module are easy, check out these simple directions below.
- Create a working directory, for example: C:\Projects\CoastForSitecore
- Clone the Mercurial repository from BitBucket: https://bitbucket.org/jrappel/coastforsitecore
- Create a new feature branch
- Install the latest /SitecorePackages “highest version package” to a Sitecore instance of your choice
- Create a new Publish profile to publish the project to a Sitecore instance of your choice
- When work is completed, push your branch and create a pull request
Due to the reliance on SPEAK, Sitecore Rocks is required to modify any of the SPEAK components within the Core database. All SPEAK components are located here: /sitecore/client/Applications/Coast
Creating New Packages
To create a new module package,
- Login to the Desktop in your choice of a Sitecore instance
- Open Package Designer
- Include all Core items
- /sitecore/content/Applications/Content Editor/Context Menus/Default (Divider 4, Copy Item, Copy Tree, Paste Item Data)
- Include all Files
- Name the package “Coast for Sitecore”
- There is not currently a clear road map of versioning and most likely won’t be unless the module gains traction so increment the version using your best judgment
- Commit the package to source control at /SitecorePackages
It’s as simple as that. We look forward to seeing what you contribute to make Coast for Sitecore even better.
Stay up to date with our email updates!